Friday, September 7, 2012

Tool Time Wish List


My wish list is growing.  By leaps and bounds!  Or, perhaps more accurately, by volts and amps!  I’m developing a great love of power tools – not to mention a great love of using them.

My 3" circular saw.  It's not just cute;
it's amazing!
Rolling around in my head are plans for several things:  a bed frame, a writing desk, a TV stand, shelves and – most important! – a work bench!  But I need more tools.  My little collection consists of three hammers (not sure how that happened), a cordless drill, a 3” circular saw (bloody marvel, it is, too!), a palm sander and a smattering of pliers, screw drivers, ratchets and wrenches and sundry other bits and pieces.  I also have a level and a couple of tape measures.  And I adore all of them. 

I’m not terribly proficient with them.  Or maybe I am exactly that:  “terribly” proficient.  The joke around my house is that our construction company would be called Good Enough Contracting!  (My daughter’s etymology at work.)  Still I manage somehow to make things that function as they are intended – at least passably.  And it’s fun. 

Some months ago, my daughter convinced me to join Pinterest.  At first I thought it was a complete waste of time.  Now I’m somewhat addicted to it, pinning things like tools to my Tool Time Wish List whenever I come across some funky gizmo that I might employ creatively for the enhancement and embellishment of Alegria.   Whenever I find a tool that I want/need, I add it to Pinterest.

The fence by
Good Enough Construction!
I cannot enter the hardware store without taking a stroll down the tool aisle and making note of the cool implements of construction that are on display.  I shop for tools the same way I shop for cars:  by colour!  That pretty red circular saw would look great in my collection! (Might even come in handy, too.) 

Price is a secondary factor and when I find something that I might like, I check Amazon.ca to see if it’s available there.  Amazon has amazing prices and free shipping.   So far, most of the tools that I want are Pinned from Amazon.

As my collection grows, so do the imaginary projects that they can be applied to.  I’m now just trying to figure out how I can make all the things I have in mind, knit all the things I want to knit, make my sand candles, write and take that herbology course I’ve been wanting to take.  Pretty sure that I won’t be able to do it all.  Sigh…

But, I can dream.  I can pick away at things.  There’s no rush for any of it. 

In the meantime, I will keep Pinning and collecting and learning and having fun.  

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh....Pinterest - a great way to create a bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to comment or leave feed back. I look forward to hearing from you!