Monday, November 12, 2012

Storage Shelves by GEC


My latest Good Enough Contracting project is a storage shelf that I am making primarily out of scrap lumber.  Left over bits of fencing and some fairly junky 2” x 4”s have been salvaged in order to organize some stuff that is currently piled up in the basement. 

To make the shelves I needed a circular saw, which I introduced in my last post, and the nerve to plug it in and use it.  Well, I managed to get both and now I almost have a complete set of shelves. 

Nearly done!  Good Enough Contracting's built-in storage shelves.
I ran out of 1” x 4” scraps from the fence, so I’ll have to go down to the lumber yard and get some more.  I'm really not looking forward to that.  The local lumber yard, while handy, doesn't offer the best in shopping experiences – in my experience.   But while I'm at it, in an effort to reduce stress by having to go back, I’ll pick up the shelving material I need to build my TV stand. 

I'm also on the hunt for scrap lumber to make a work bench out of for my shop.  I would so like to get that set up and ready for production soon. 

This whole handy-man thing is becoming quite addictive.  I'm getting braver and incrementally more adept.  I'm finding it easier to turn a vision into a reasonable facsimile of the vision and am generally quite happy with the final results.   I think my shelves are pretty awesome, for example.

Anyway, I'm now going to tweak the TV stand design and get measurements so I can buy the material for it. 

Oh, and I must add a shop-vac to my wish list.  I think I'm going to need one of those babies…

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, a shop vac - absolutely indispensable! Now that I would actually turn on. Great job, sis, you'll love having this all organized!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to comment or leave feed back. I look forward to hearing from you!