Sunday, February 24, 2013

Graphic Art - Kindergarten


So I’ve been working on upgrading my graphics skills in an introductory course on CorelDraw.  I’m having a blast! 

This course is truly an introduction level one, but that’s fine by me.  It’s where I need to be with it.  And it’s rather humbling to be creating the elementary drawings that we are working on when I started out with visions of fantastical works of art!  Ha! 

My first attempt at a "welding" shapes.
(It's a cat!) 
Like learning curves often are, this one is fairly steep.  The complexities of the software are slightly overwhelming, but the potential – once I master them! – is infinite.  Holy Moly!  But what a great and inspiring lot of features, ever-so-subtly embedded in cryptic little drop-downs and menu bars there are. 

Combining shapes and re-shaping shapes
to make a car.  
Right now we’re just playing with them; getting to know how they work and what we can do with them.  In five weeks or so, I’m hoping to graduate from my decidedly novice state and enter the world of intermediate newbie.  For now, though, I’m thoroughly enjoying the play-dough and building blocks stage of development as a graphic artist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to comment or leave feed back. I look forward to hearing from you!