Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things are Shaping Up

Things are shaping up. After a bit of an interruption to deal with all things holiday, I was able to return to The Sweater last night and work on the neck line. I think it’s going to work!

At least I’m very hopeful.

I have a plan for the neck line that is making sense now that I’m actually knitting it. I can see where I’m going and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My goal is to finish the front today. The sleeves will go quickly, I think. With a bit of luck, I might have it done in by the end of the week.

With my new Sweater Wizard, my next project is going to be a sweater based on my favourite sweat shirt. The sweat shirt is no longer wearable – except maybe as a painting shirt or something – but I can’t bring myself to just toss it out. Once the new sweater pattern is done, I hope to find some way to re-purpose the sweat shirt. I just can’t think of anything to make it into, though I’m sure that Bizz will be able to help me out.

The new design will be quite simple: drop sleeves, round neck, ribbed cuffs. On the front will be a large Om in a contrasting colour to the main body. Bizz suggested teal with a purple Om. I’m leaning toward black with a red Om. What I would really like is black with a rainbow Om. But I think I would have to get the Om yarn custom dyed in order to make that happen.

Anyway, I’m feeling inspired. If this tunic works out as well as it appears to be, I’m sure that the sweat shirt will be a breeze. If the sweat shirt works out, there’s no telling what might come next. There’s an idea for a cardigan floating around in my head. But it’s still quite hazy and vague. No need to rush it. With the tunic and the sweat shirt on the front burners, there’s plenty of time for it to gel.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to comment or leave feed back. I look forward to hearing from you!