Tuesday, April 9, 2013

H is for How the Heck Did I Forget to Write That Down?


So, I’ve been getting input from my Facebook friends on potential topics for the A to Z Blog Challenge.  A through F garnered some pretty good contributions and fuelled the first six days. So far, so good. 

Then I started getting inspired all by myself with topics for G and H.  G went very well.  I finished and posted it and carried on with my day thinking that H would be a breeze as well…

And then I sat down at my computer early this morning to write my 8th entry.  I stared blankly at the screen for about five minutes quite unable to recall the great topic I had come up with all by myself for H. 

Not to worry, I told myself.  It will come back to me.

The minutes passed into hours.  The hours ushered out the morning.  Still no recall – not even partial.

I have a list on my iPod for possible topics, which I have checked – several times.  H is blank and stubbornly remains so.

I forgot to write it down.

I was so sure that I would remember it because it was a really, really cool topic. 
But it’s gone.  I forgot that my memory is not to be relied up on under any circumstances.  Now I have no topic for H. 

How the heck did I forget to write it down? 

Oh, well.  I’ll humbly hope that hours from now I will happily remember and happen to have a pen nearby so that I can write it down and look up a synonym for it for use on another day for another letter.

Sigh!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Toni! Been there done that. I think I'll remember my idea because it was so awesome that how could I forget it? No need to write it down. So when I forget it, I just tell myself it must not have been all that awesome in the first place, LoL. Your H post ended up being perfect for today!

    Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you try retracing your steps?? That's how I remember why I walked into the ....kitchen/bedroom/bathroom.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I loved this! Thanks for the giggle. :) This happens to me all the time. Of course what I wanted to remember comes back to me eventually but usually long after it was needed.

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to comment or leave feed back. I look forward to hearing from you!