Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Z is for Zippety-doo-dah


Zippity doo dah, Zippity ay,

My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine coming my way,
Zippity doo dah, Zippity ay!


If you don’t recognize this little ditty, it’s a song from the 1946 Disney classic live-action and animated movie Song of the South, sung by James Baskett.  The music was written by Allie Wrubel and the lyrics by Ray Gilbert and it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song that year.  (It was the second in a long line of Disney songs to win this award, after When you Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio.)

And if you’re wondering why I’m sharing it with you, it’s is in celebration of this being my final post in the A to Z Challenge 2013!

I did it!  I completed the challenge.  I posted 26 blogs this month on different topics from A to Z.  It wasn’t easy.  It was a lot of fun, but I have to give credit where credit is due and thank all the people who posted suggestions for topics that sparked my muse and inspired me.  I think I would have given up 20 or so posts ago if it wasn’t for that support.

So sing along with me as I end this final installation in the A to Z Challenge…

Zippity doo dah, Zippity ay,

My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine coming my way,
Zippity doo dah, Zippity ay.

Mister blue bird's on my shoulder,,

it's the truth,
it's actual,
everything's satisfactual!
Zippity doo dah,
zippity ay,
zippity doo dah,
zippity ay!

Have an amazing day, everyone.  Thank you all who stopped by and read my challenge posts.  Here’s wishing you all plenty of sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. And what amazing topics you shared! Congratulations on your finish! Now for the next challenge?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to comment or leave feed back. I look forward to hearing from you!